Wednesday, February 8, 2017

News Flash - Talking is Not Service

Hey! All you young people out there.  Newsflash, just talking is not providing service, it is not solving problems and it is not adding value.                

Bank tellers seem to be the worst culprits.  When I go to the bank to make a deposit, I want a fast, efficient, accurate transaction.  Don't call me buddy.  I am not your buddy.  Even if I wasn't 30 years older than you, I still wouldn't be your buddy.      

I don't want to have a conversation with you.  I especially don't want to have a relationship with you.  Don't ask me how my day is going.  It is none of your business.

If you have some sort of personality defect that requires you to move your mouth and emit sounds while you are working, aim it at someone else.  I don't want to hear it.  Listening to your mindless blathering is draining.        

Some particularly clueless young money shufflers keep talking at me even when it is apparent that I am talking on the phone.  Are you blind as well as clueless?

The worst question I am asked is, "Got any big plans for the weekend?"  Are you kidding me?  What a DOPE (Doesn't Operate Properly for the Environment)!

This last question particularly offends me.  The best answer to this question is "it is none of your  #$%@ business!"  I can't say that, so I usually just grunt.  The teller probably thinks I am a grumpy old man. This is not fair.  It takes massive amounts of self-control not to tell them to #$%#$ off!

Instead of thinking I am a jerk, this DOPE ought to be congratulating me on how cool, calm and collected I am in the face of complete cluelessness.

Please do your job efficiently, effectively and quietly.  You will have my eternal, unuttered thanks!

Grumpy Old Man

No comments:

Post a Comment