Monday, February 13, 2017

Hey, You Called Me!

Has this ever happened to you?    

I am hard at work in full concentration.  The phone rings.  Being a kind, warm, sensitive, caring person, I stop what I am doing, pick up the phone and say, "Hello, this is Andrew Greess, How may I help you?".

I am met with silence.  Then fumbling.  Then someone finally mumbles, "um, hello?"

I can't bear it any longer and lose it.  I scream something then slam the phone down.

Are you kidding me?  You called me.  How dare you not be prepared?  This is an outrage. Aside from the fact you interrupted me to sell me something I don't want, you have the unmitigated gall to be waste more of my time with your amateurish lack of preparation?

It is not just the 30 seconds it took me to realize you are a DOPE (don't operate properly in the environment).  I have to go back to my work, recollect my thoughts and figure out where I left off. You probably wasted more like 5 minutes of my time.

If you are going to interrupt someone, the least you can do is be a professional, be prepared and be ready to spew your BS when I answer the phone.

- Grumpy Old Man



No comments:

Post a Comment